Hola. It is late, 11:36 P.M. and I just got the inspiration to write a little something here on my new blog. I am truly excited about the opportunity that I have to communicate some things about one of my greatest passions... praise and worship to Our deserving God and Father, our Lord Jesus Christ. I don't know how many people actually read these open journals, and I hesitate some what with the idea that the pouring out of my heart may be read by a complete stranger. So with that in mind, I plan on being careful with my words, as I know that the Bible teaches that "In the multitude of words sin is not lacking, But he who restrains his lips is wise. " Proverbs 10:19. I think sometimes I end up talking too much, trying to avoid that awkward silence that I experience when around certain people. I don't know what that is, but I find myself responding by speaking "many words", then later embarrassing myself and asking myself ....why? Writing on a blog is worse because all your words are recorded!
However! My desire to encourage and build up my brothers and sisters who have a growing desire to worship God is outweighing the risk of embarrassment. The important thing is that more brothers and sisters are stepping out in faith in using and developing their talents to serve the Lord, and that is a beautiful blessing from God!
So let me be the first to start by recognizing and "building up" a few of my brothers and sisters who have just begun leading with me in worship. Sophia, you are such an encouragement! I praise God for your willingness and your example of stepping out in faith and allowing God to work in you as He wishes...through our worship and praise on Sunday, 16 of July.
Janet, it was a precious time planning and worshipping with you for and on 22 of July. I loved some of the old songs you brought back and that I had almost forgotten. I am inspired to bring some of those rich, older, worship songs because of you. I love the harmonies that you do.
Tim, worship today was a blessing! I thank God as I see you grow in the grace, love, and talent that God has given you for His glory in the Kingdom. I appreciate your ideas and musical knowledge and for setting up the Powerpoint!
Practice today went very well, despite our missing some key people. Thanks to all that were present. I know it was a little awkward not having some of the support in singing that we are used to, but I assure you that it causes much growth. In fact, in your practice, I really recommend that you try to practice only with a note guide(piano, or CD) and not with music in the background. Your voice development and control have a greater chance of improving. So, although our end product didn't sound as pleasing to our ears, have patience to know that we are growing and improving!
Thanks to all those who brought snack. Next week is another snack day, then the following will be 2nd Sunday dinner. I will be posting information...practice schedule, music, lyrics, etc. soon! Keep checking back.
Please leave comments! Use this opportunity to Praise God, Giving Glory to God and Encouraging one another! Also to leave suggestions and/or communicate. Thanks!
Sunday, July 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment